Thursday, December 18, 2014

Melbourne, Definitely A Place to be.

With the cricketing season all heating up and every country saddling up for the greatest Cricket fiesta I would definitely love to find myself at the Melbourne Cricket Ground hooting, whistling and cheering up for India.


Melbourne is one among the most popular cities of Australia. It is also said to be the sporting centre and capital of Australia. Also being the capital of Victoria it is not only known for Cricket but it is also the home of few other famous sports like Tennis, Formula 1 Racing and Football. But the biggest fortune that the city is going to have is the upcoming ICC World Cup 2015 being held in Australia and New Zealand. And that tempts me more to be in Melbourne than any other place in this Universe. 
Let's check this video and see what Tammy and Rohan have to say about the Melbourne Cricket Ground  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYMuSmvlFrQ&index=3&list=PL2r0ptqQ1wBCimcqdfsBCks1YVaFDczLh .
For more such videos click "Come Alive in Melbourne"


Melbourne is not only famous for sports but it has a wide range of public attractions which are not meant to be missed if you are in Melbourne. Places like the Great Ocean Road will force you to fall in love with the city. The city is full of surprises and it has something for every kind and mood of the tourists. The more you explore the more you fall in love with the rich and divine culture of the city. It offers you new surprises every time you visit the city. Being the centre of all activities Melbourne is famous for its vineyards too. One can have a taste of world few best Vintage wines at Melbourne. The view of the grapes plantation is an attraction in itself and attracts a lot of tourist so it’s a worth a visit.


Melbourne is famous for its liveliness and to witness this one needs to visit the Federation Square a Home to major cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, exceptional array of restaurants, bars, speciality stores and has become the city's meeting place. Other places such as Flinders Street Station a street which runs parallel to the Yarra River and is exactly a mile long and one and a half chains wide is a popular street in Melbourne and trams being the main mode of transportation in Melbourne it has its station here at the Flinders Street.


If one is not afraid of heights one should definitely try the hot air balloon ride. The view of the entire place through the balloon is just majestic. One can have the view of entire things at once and can locate the different places to visit too. Doesn't it sound exiting? Well it does to me. The concept of the Bathing Boxes was first started here in Melbourne and now is very well spread around the world. Mornington Peninsula, Victoria is the destination of these uniquely shaped Bathing Boxes.
 Melbourne has a very rich and diversified culture and has a lot to share with the world. And as for me I would really love to visit these places some day. 
"Which of these places would you want to visit in Melbourne and why?".  

Answer this above question and the best answer will win a gift voucher of Rupees 500.

For all other informations visit  Tourism Victoria website.  


15 comments:

  1. I would love to see the vineyards. Every thing about the wines are so fascinating, the vines, grapes and the making of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to watch the live match of India. I want to see Indians playing especially Mahender Singh Dhoni. I will love to be at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit the Panny's famous chocolate factory. That is because he is an Indian. Panny is actually Kodandpani Lakhmanan. He arrived in Melbourne via Malaysia and Papua New Guinea, where he had worked on cocoa and coconut plantations before immigrating Down Under. He is now legend in Australia. He has made we Indians proud. Besides his chocolates are mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit Victoria's only naturally heated Peninsula hot spring to battle India's chilling weather presently as well as to rejuvenate my aching body n tired senses in mineral-rich water pools. I'm already feeling heavenly to imagine the relaxation I could enjoy there :)

    Shilpa Bindlish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! After reading your post & watching all the videos, I’d most like to visit the Dandenong Ranges for it’s scenic beauty, breathtaking view and cool breeze blowing through my hair. :P I’d give anything away for driving through the winding roads which are present throughout the ranges. I’d love to stay at one of the bed and breakfast cottages and go on frequent excursions in the forests with my camera which provides excellent views. And not to forget the famous ride in the Puffing Billy, a day reserved especially for that. To add to that, there are also several picnic spots for me and my friends to spend a fun-filled day and the ranges are a perfect spot for hiking and cycling.

    Pingback: https://cruxrebels.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/melbourne-the-place-to-be-see/

    Wish you and your blog a happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post and interesting videos that make me feel that
    Melbourne invites the eternal romantic in me to hold hands with my beloved and go see the Twelve Apostles .Go on long drives on the great ocean road. In the middle of nowhere in a vineyard spread a table and enjoy a meal and a glass of wine with my dear one. Enjoy the sunsets holding hands and do lots of shopping at the Queen Victoria Market and see all the graffiti being created at the hosier lane.
    Great Post and interesting videos watching them I am sure to visit Sovereign Hill for spending some time in the era gone by. The lure of gold and panning for some nuggets is a temptation that is too much to resist. After I have found the gold I am bound to celebrate it with some wine so I will visit the vineyards and enjoy some great wine from the Yarra region .Visit the Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory and have my fill with this yummy delight.
    therisingstarz.blogspot.in/2014/12/melbourne-selfie-capital-of-australia.html
    http://goo.gl/ByJqvP
    therisingstarz.blogspot.in
    http://goo.gl/59Omjz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to visit the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) which is located in Yarra Park. Cricket has fancied me since childhood. I still remember those days when the elders in my neighbourhood used to start shouting and hunting for us the moment the cricket ball hit by me broke one of their window panes. Running away from them was even more exciting than playing cricket itself.

    I used to follow every cricket match played by India religiously and used to analyse and discuss it with friends and siblings for days and months. Being such an enthusiastic fan of cricket, visiting one of the world’s largest cricket stadiums is one of my dreams.

    The thought of being seated amongst 95,000 other fans of cricket and cheering the players itself sounds exciting to me. Such large cricket stadiums are one of the ways to explore how much the passion for cricket has penetrated among the people of the world. MCG is located in Yarra Park, which also has many other sporting fields. This would allow me to explore not just cricket, but also many other games.

    - Ranjith (http://www.alightheartedtalk.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of the most interesting places which I shortlisted to visit after watching Tanmay and Rohan's videos is here. This comment space would be very less in order to keep on giving the reasons to visit these places once in life, but I am trying to be as short and crisp as possible and these are the must visit places if at all I go to Melbourne in my life.

    Yarra Valley for Great Day out and Excellent Wine Tasting tour which seems totally magical. Driving around Yarra Valley in a beautiful and breathtaking places seems like a great country getaway from Melbourne city and so much to see, visit and taste.

    Going for a Seal Watching Cruise and Observing those inquisitive & graceful creatures close up, is a trip one will not forget I guess. It seems to be a totally a worthy place for young and old too. So many seals getting close to them could be an absolutely thrilling experience.

    Another place I wouldn't want to miss is Sunny Ridge Strawberry farm for some AMAZING Strawberry ice cream and strawberries, it seems like a strawberry heaven with delicious, succulent and mouth watering strawberries ever. I am sure this place visit would be a great experience for the kids too.

    Have you watched Penguins parade ? If not, I guess this is the place to visit which is Phillip Island Nature Park. The experience to watch these penguins is Out of this world, a must see for great experience and its awesome

    for Animal lovers too. Its like cute litte faires coming in from Ocean. I guess, this is a MUST do experience when I am in Melbourne.

    Are you a chocolate lover ? I guess Pannys Amazing World of Chocolate is a must visit place for enjoying some mouth watering chocolates. Also, just watching the huge waterfall of chocolate cascade down is breath taking. And watching the live chocolate making is fun.

    If you are a drive freak and love to drive around in some scenic spots, this is the place to visit which is "The Great Ocean Road". Seems like it would be a Great tour, great food and fantastic view.

    Some more places which I love to visit is Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove, Loch Ard Gorge beach, Chateau Yering BBQ for some amazing Australian BBQ and definitely a hot air balloon ride for spectacular sightseeing and experience in life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melbourne is really so amazing that it's tough to chose one place! I would love to visit the Yarra valley with all its delicious wine tastings, rolling hills and natural beauty! Thanks for sharing so many lovely things about Melbourne and helping me virtually travel there.. loved your post thoroughly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Given a chance to visit Melbourne, I would absolutely make a run for Eureka Skydeck 88..Imagine the view of the city from such a great height of over 300 metres and while you are suspended in air in a glass box!
    This is an experience not to be missed and I hope I get a chance to visit Melbourne and go explore Eureka Skydeck 88 soon :)

    -Nikita@Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post.Just loved your blog post. I am in love with driving and road trips, The Great Ocean Road is the ideal place for the people like me. I will surely visit that place in Melbourne and enjoy the sea shore, sunrise and gorgeous mesmerizing view.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely post for a lively place. It's my dream to take my mom and dad to Melbourne for a family vacation, well i am just 18 now so won't be able to do that but yes i will certainly go to Melbourne with my family to see each of above places mentioned in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guys thanks fot your valuable comments. I am over delighted to have so many comments on my post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr. Raj kindly share your name and email id. Mail me at rakesh.ranjankol151@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete