Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Bold Step to a better Life.

Life always provided me with big opportunities and I grabbed them with my arms open. Life was running on a great pace and I never had the time to look back and realize that what I had and what was missing in my life. I was so busy in moving ahead that it seemed impossible for me to turn around and look back. The things that were happening were not bad instead I was in the best phase of my life, I was living my dream but I did not realized that to live this dream I left a big dream of my life. The wealth and power overpowered my emotions and I did not care about anything but me and myself.


After finishing my BA in Hospitality I got the first break and it was a big one. I got placed in an international hotel and restaurant chain The Vail, Colorado, USA. It was more than a dream coming true. I was so busy preparing for my Visa interview that I almost forgot that I had important people in my life. I was USA blind all I could see and feel was the States and to my surprise I cracked the Visa interview in the very first go and was all set to rock the Sates. I did not care what I left and whomever I hurt I landed on the American soil and started working from the very next day. First few weeks passed by and I was still trying to get along. By the end of the third week I was more or less one among them and started living my dream. I used to get paid every second Thursday and my food and accommodation was on the company and thus I had no other place to spend but on my own. I was living the best phase of my life. But as the time passed I had a good bank balance and it kept adding up yet something made me unhappy and restless. I had a very good lifestyle and standard of living yet something was missing. At first I thought that it was my home and my parents I was missing so I got high speed internet installed for Skype but yet it did not sooth my burns. 

It was during the end of the second week I realized that this money, comfort and all lavishness was just in vain and the reason of being so was my lost love. The love of my life which I lost while I was so busy in trying to get down to USA was the reason that I found every possession meaningless. I was so dumb that I did not say a goodbye to her before coming and today I was so restless and just wanted to have few words with her. On an evening I gathered my guts and called her up. She did not pick instead her father did. I was quite did not utter a word and hanged up. I called her again and this time she did pick up and asked me that why was I calling her now when I had already left her? I had no answer I just asked for forgiveness and hanged up with tears in my eyes.


I called her up again that night it was day here in India and she asked me to call at night. I did call her that night and we talked for hours, I was happy that she still loved me but the problem was that she was going to get married very soon and I was helpless. Few nights later I proposed her again and she did not replied. She did not return my calls not even a text and I was so worried. Few hours later I got a text saying. “Urgent please call”. I called her and she said that if I loved her and wanted to marry her I needed to take a big and bold step in my life. I understood that where the conversation was going but heard her patiently and asked her to lend me few hours to think.


It was 9 in the morning I was standing outside the HR office and I was asked to come in. I went to the Hr manager and said her that I had some urgent work and I wanted to apply for a leave for at least two weeks. The proposal was not accepted and I did not know what to do. I tried again and this time with a letter from the Head of department of my office and I was granted an unpaid leave for 1 and a half week. The HR manager told me that this was a very bold step I was taking because the journey itself would cost me hundreds of thousands and a lot of time too. I thanked her and told her that I will manage it and left for the airport.


The second day I landed at the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose international airport called up a cab and straight forward went to her house. I knocked at the door and her dad opened it up. He was so shocked to see me and he asked me in dilemma that wasn't I supposed to be in USA now?  I told him everything and asked him to forgive me for every wrong that I had done. He was in state of shock yet and at last I saw my princess coming out and that was the moment I realized that wealth is not what you earn it is the Love that you get in return of your love and affection. I called up my mom and told her everything although she knew everything but yet she was surprised too to see me taking such a bold step in my life.


This bold step changed my life forever I got engaged to her then and there I visited my home and stayed there for two days and returned back to the States within seven days. I did not believe it myself that I was that bold and courageous to take such a step in my life. I completed my tenure of visa and rejected an extension that was applied by my company got back to India and married her. I got an opportunity to work in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and UAE after that and today I am settled at my native place with a small business of my own with my wife and a small baby girl. My life completely changed for good because of my that bold step and I am proud and happy to take that step in my life. Hosing is a brand which helps us to take bold steps in the field of real estate and it has a Housing.com Video Ad to motivate people to take bold steps in their life. Visit https://housing.com/ for more information.   




1 comment: