Sunday, March 1, 2015

A lesson from my Dad!


We humans are very good learners. We have the capability to watch and learn many thing and we do that every day in our life. Our parents are our first teachers. They teach us the general values and ethics of our life. We learn to talk, walk, eat and many other things from them. And the best part is that they cling by us always and help us grow. When we are a bit older we are sent to the school and colleges respectively to get educational knowledge. And our parents help us in that too. But there comes a time when the parents are forced to let us learn by our own or in simple words they let us go so that we develop the capability of Self-reliant.

Being self reliant is very important for us in our life. We cannot always depend for anything and everything on our parents and this is that time when they set us free and help us without helping us. They are always there for us and are ready to help but they want us to live our life with our head high in pride. Like HDFC Life helped there customers to secure their present and future so that they can always live with their heads held high. For more information visit the website http://www.hdfclife.com/ today and get your present and future secured.

I myself have come across such situations in my life when I had to rely on myself and had no backup from anywhere. And few of these opportunities were created by my parents so that I can learn to be self dependent. Although it is too tough to choose such an incident from my life but I have done my best to put forward here the best on that I remember.


I had very disciplined childhood with limited hour of play and limited hour of television too. The study hours were fixed too. I always knew that there was no escaping from these systems so I had to absorb in. I was good at studies but I never got a good chance to learn other things in my life and one among them was cycling. I saw my friend riding bicycles but was unable to learn it. It was my birthday and guess what my grandparents gifted me a brand new bicycle. I  was happy and sad as well, happy because I had my own bicycle and sad because I did not know how to ride one. I went to my dad and asked him to teach me and he was ready too.

My cycling classes began right away with my dad and I was showing great progress too. Within three to four days I had mastered almost everything in cycling but the problem was that I always needed my dad to help me start the process of cycling. My dad tried to teach me how to push the paddle and then when the cycle was in motion I should get up on the seat and start paddling. These steps sounded like a piece of cake theoretically but practically I always needed my dad to catch my cycle while climb. He taught me hundreds of times how to do that but I was so dependent on him that I had to wait for him on the other edge of the ground to come and help me ride the cycle again.

This process went on for like a week or so and one evening my dad took me to the local stadium ground which was not too far away from our house. I was so happy that I was going to cycle in an wide open ground but I was unaware of his plans. We reached the ground at five in the evening and my dad helped me to start the cycling three to four times. He then asked me to try it by my own but every time I tried I failed because I knew dad was there to help me. It was getting dark and dad asked me to take a final round before we can leave. He helped me as usual and I speeded to the other end of the stadium. I stopped there to catch my breath and waited for my dad to come by to help me ride again but he was nowhere in sight. I thought that he may be talking to some uncle and would be here soon but I was wrong 15 minutes passed by and yet no sign of him.

I was in a great dilemma what to do. A thought came into my mind that I should leave the cycle there and go and check on him but that thought vanished when I realized that I could lose my cycle forever. I had no other option but to try and ride it myself. I tried and failed in the first two attempts and I almost cried but there was no one there to help and then I remembered and followed step by step what dad has taught me. And on the ninth attempt there I was ridding the bicycle by my own. I was so proud. I took 2 more rounds of the stadium stopped thrice and succeeded to ride the cycle in my first attempt every time.

I realized that it was getting late and also I should find my father so I hurried to the stadium gate. I saw my father watching me from the stadium gate and clapping for me as I came near. I stopped left my cycle on the gate and ran towards him and hugged him tightly and said, “Dad please never ever leave me alone like you did today”. He smiled and replied that he never left me he just let me go so that I can be self-reliant. Later he explained me that he left me there on purpose so that I myself can try and learn to ride the bicycle.

Our parents sometimes purposely leave us so that we can be self dependent and learn to live our life with pride although they always keep in touch and are ready to help if we need them.  I came across this beautiful video  #MyFamilyMyPride ad film please watch it and remember the time when your parents helped you without helping you.

                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment