Saturday, March 14, 2015

An afternoon with Granddad..!!!

Humans are social beings and don’t like to be left alone. Sometimes we are all alone and disheartened and don’t know what to do and how to do.  We always need some company to keep us engaged. It could be anyone or anything like a friend, parents, loved ones or your dog or the talking parrot you have. We love to be around them and love to spend time with them. But sometimes we find a company which gives us a feeling of complete togetherness, fills us with hope and optimism and leads us to a right path giving a good guidance for our future. These kinds of moments don’t occur every day and are very rare but are very special and we are supposed to live this moment at the best of our ability.


While going though https://housing.com/ a website for complete solution of your real estate problems I came across a piece of their article which took me to the past where I share such a moment in my life. And here I am today sharing that story with you guys today.

I was the eldest child at my home the most loved one and the most cared one. I completed my schooling and +2 from my home town and was never away from my parents. I spent most of my childhood and teenage at home and was so close to it. But after my +2 came the real problem and the problem was that I got admitted in to a hospitality management college and was going to stay away from my home and family. That first thought of loneliness sends shivers my spine even today. I can still remember it very clear the day when I left from my home leaving every loved one for a new life. It was so hard for me to do that but I had to do what was supposed to be done.


I joined IIHM Kolkata and was leaving in a hostel. The first few weeks were OK. I got new friends, new place and new environment. I found it easier than I thought to adjust in the new environment. Months passed by things were going good except for the weekends when I was usually alone at the hostel had to do nothing had no source of entertainment. These two days seemed to be burden to me always but I was getting along with them to in the best possible way I could have.

It was around the end of the second month that I got restless and I felt that everything around me was just meaningless. I used to be punctual at my college and was a nice student but this something just threw me apart. I was missing home and wanted to go back. I did not feel like studying and attending classes any more. I stopped talking at home so that they don’t find out what I was going through. A few days passed out and I was going crazy. But we have often heard that after darkness comes the sunlight and that is what happened with me too.


It was the weekend and I had no plans for the day but to sleep over and listen to sad songs and that is what I was doing. I heard the hostel attendant calling my name. I thought he must be looking for someone else but I was wrong. He came to my bed and asked me to get down to the wardens office. I was worried and irritated at the same time because I didn't want to go anywhere and stay in my bed. But I had to follow the warden’s order and so I did. My eyes glittered as soon as I reached his office door. I saw my grandfather sitting there. That was the best thing that could have happened to me. I ran to him touched his feet in respect and hugged him tight. I did not want him to go although he just arrived but I was in some other world. After a long hug of a minute or so he asked me to come out with him to which I said no and then he accompanied me to my room. I sat there tears rolling down my cheeks. I had no words I wasn't even looking at him. He came closer to me and wiped out my tears and asked me that why was I crying. I had no answers. He calmly asked me that why wasn't I talking to anyone at home and why wasn't I picking up any calls. I had no answers to them too. I just kept looking at the floor and crying. His next words were like melody to me, he asked to pack my bags as were going home. I looked at him and that was all he wanted. He came closer and told me that if I was not going to concentrate on my studies and if I was not going to focus on getting along to the place what would I do at home. I was getting his points. His every single world was like a smoothie for me. He lectured me for other half an hour and I got every bit of it. That afternoon of togetherness with my daddu motivated me and filled me with lots of positive energy and optimism. I got a very big lesson in my life.


We went out for dinner and ice cream. He stayed for the Sunday and we had more fun together. This trip by my daddu gave me the strength I was lacking in. And after that day I got a new way in my life to take it ahead and I didn't only stay in Kolkata but went to USA, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia for work and today I am settled at my home place with a business of my own.

That was the best afternoon of my life and I got to learn lots of thing that day and one among them was that sometimes it just takes a few words to solve the biggest problem of your life from that special person who loves and care about you. All that matters is the moment spent #together. Housing in the same way cares for its customers dealing with all their real estate needs letting them to indulge well in their life for more information visit https://housing.com/ .     


No comments:

Post a Comment