Thursday, March 5, 2015

Did you have that Moment of your Life yet?

“I just knew that it was the moment that I was waiting for. It was going to be the best and the biggest moment of my life. This moment was going to decide my future and was going to create a benchmark in my family.”

Schools and colleges are the best time of human life or I should say second best because the childhood deserves the first position. We meet new friends, we learn and we grow wiser in colleges and schools. School is the beginning platform and colleges are the main foundations which shape our future and a strong foundation always leads to strong final outcome. After finishing my schooling I started with my +2 and medical preparations simultaneously. My dad wanted me to crack AIPMT on the very first go and I did not know as of yet that what I wanted but yet I studies for my +2 and medicals too. It was the end of +2 finals when I realized that Medical or being a doctor was not my cup of tea, although I sat foe the states as well as the AIPMT for my dad’s satisfaction. And like I said I knew what was going to happen. I passed out with a great percentage in my board but got very poor rank in my medical examinations. I made up my decision and left Medicals then and there not even knowing what I was going to do next. 


I was a on a tour to Kolkata with few of my friends. We were staying at a friend’s apartment where I met a guy who was working for The Taj Bengal, Kolkata. He asked me about my studies and what I was going to do after my results. I told him the whole story and he said me to try the hospitality industry which I was completely unaware of. I had no Idea what did hospitality means and what was it all about. I sat with him for the whole night gaining the knowledge of the course and the industry.  And it was 3 in the morning we decided to go to bed. That was the moment which I felt was promising and was going to help me get somewhere. I was filled with hopes of a golden ray and was so optimized that the very next morning I went to the college he passed out from bought admission forms for me filled it and submitted it then and there. I returned back home talked to my mom and got some positive response from her too. I was more certain now that I was going to graduate with a BA in Hospitality management and was going to fly high.


A week later I got a call from IIHM (International Institute of Hotel Management) that I have been short listed and I need to appear for an interview. I appeared for the interview got and selected too. I gave 3 years of my life to that course and those were the best three years of life that I had lived yet. I got a chance to visit and work and attend workshops at all the major 5 star hotel chains in Kolkata. I also went for my industrial training at the The Park Kolkata and when I was done with my college I got place at The Vail Resorts, Vail Colorado, USA. I worked there for a year and a half and got promoted and transferred to Malaysia. I also got a chance to work at Singapore and UAE.



Today I am well settled with an Event Management business of my own. And all thanks goes to that dude who enlightened my way that I have travelled. That night gave me a moment which optimized me and gave me a hope that someday I was going to be my own boss and today I am. Housing helps people in the same way. They are always there to help you with any short of real estate business letting you to concentrate on other things. For more details visit https://housing.com/lookup

No comments:

Post a Comment