Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Del Monte with my White Sauce recipe.

I have always been fascinated by food and culture of different places. I love eating and cooking as well and have tried my hands on different cuisines from different parts of the world like continental, Chinese, Italian and etc. This passion of mine compelled me to join the hospitality industry and took me to different places where i learned to cook and tasted different types of food and if asked for a favorite I would say that I can go for an Italian dish any time. The lightness of the food and its richness can make anyone drool and so am I.

Pizza, Pasta and Spaghetti are few of the worldly known dishes that are in demand. We have lots of Pizza joints in India where one can find and witness the creamy, cheesy and exotic delight which ate quite capable of please all human sense. It is the latest favorite of the people although people also like pasta and spaghetti and these foods are often served at well established food outlets and as a street food as well.

I personally love eating Pizza but I love cooking pasta and I have a recipe of my own for it. This recipe of mine was an accident. I was working in USA and though I have my specialization in food and beverage I always had a chance to be near the kitchen. I used to cook my own food at my apartment and one evening we few of Indian friends planned a get together at my place. I was supposed to cook and I had white sauce pasta on my mind. I was out of cream so asked one of my friend to bring cream from the city mart but instead he brought sour cream and I had to use it. That mistake of my friend helped me actually preparing a yummy recipe. So here is my recipe.


Servings-4
Ingredients

1. Del Monte Pasta

For Sauce

1. Finally chopped onion 3-4 piece.
2. Spring onions 1/2 bowl.
3. Button Mushrooms.
4. Green Olives.
5. Chicken Shredded or finally chopped.
6. Sour Cream.
7. Cumin powder.
8. Pepper powder.
9. Cumin.
10. Salt.
11. Basil.
12. Parsley.

Process
Heat olive oil in a non stick pan and let it heat up. When the oil is heated add the cumin seeds and let it crackle. The crackling sound is the indication that its time to add up the chopped onions and the spring onions. Saute it for few minutes and than add the cumin and pepper powder and saute it again for few more minutes on a low flame. Add the mushrooms and the chicken in it and let it cook for few minutes. Add the sour cream to it after 5-10 minutes and cook it on a low flame.  Season it with salt and pepper.

Boil the pasta and drain it and add it to the above mixture garnish it with olives, basils and chopped parsley serve it hot with a glass of moscato.

Do try this recipe and let me know how did it go.


For mote such recipes visit https://www.facebook.com/DelMonteIndia.

No comments:

Post a Comment