Saturday, September 19, 2015

How to change file extension in Windows.

Hi friends,

Last week I was with few of my friends and we were talking about directories and path. Suddenly one among us asked that what does it takes to change the file extension? The answers I heard were hilarious. One said we need to have a software to do so the other said we need to go to command prompt to do so. I was listening to them and as laughing and after a long wait of 10 minutes finally I had to break the ice and I told them that it just takes a few steps and you are done. I switched on my lappy and I gave them a demonstration too and they were amazed.



Here I am today to show you guys how simple it is and I am pretty sure many of you must be knowing it.


Step 1


Go to my computer and click on Organize and you will get a drop down menu. See the pic below



Step 2


Go to the Folder and Search option and it will open a dialogue box. Click on the View option the middle one. There are thee options below the hidden file and folder option, we need to see the second one.the one which says "Hide extension for known file types" Check the pic below




Step 3


Click on the box in front of the Hide extension for known file types. Click Apply and then Ok. The box will close now. see the pic below





 Step 4


Now you can change the extension of any file to anything you want but it should be meaningful and if you change it to a wrong extension it may lead to not opening of that file. Check the pic below.



Wasn't that easy?

For quires mail me at      rakesh.ranjankol151@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment