Monday, September 4, 2017

A short talk with Anita Hassanandani about the show Dangal.


Interview – Anita Hassanandani

Q) You are part of this show Comedy Dangal, is Dangal happening on the sets?
A) No Dangal, only fun is happening on the show. It is a very positive and high energy show and like the show, the entire cast is also very entertaining.

Q) How has been your experiences of working in a comedy show?
A) Comedy Dangal is my second comedy show, I have previously worked on some other comedy shows as well. So this time when I was offered Comedy Dangal, I was more confident than before. It is very different from the usual daily soaps that I do. I feel that this show de-stresses me as an actor. I am really enjoying this show and we have a great team to work with which makes it more fun.

Q) How is your experience of working with Anu Malik?
A) He is a very sweet man. Every day when he comes for shoot, he carries great energy with himself. In fact, both Bharti and Anu Malik have a lot of fun on the sets so it’s great to work on a show where you indulge in laughter therapy.

Q) Has Anu Malik done any planning with you for your team or given any advice?
A) No, he has not given any advice but he always appreciates when the act is good and gives compliments. I get a lot of positive energy and vibes. When I come on sets after the shoot of my regular shows it’s like a stress buster and I’m tension free. After a hectic schedule of 5 days, I get recharged shooting for Comedy Dangal.

Q) How do you prepare for each act?
A) Preparing for a Comedy act is totally different than shooting for normal daily soaps. We start rehearsal two-three day’s prior sometimes we even have a script reading session in groups.

Q) You have a bunch of popular celebs in your team? How is your bonding with them and whom you have bonded most with on the show?
A) All are lovely people and they have become a family now. I have bonded most with Bharti. I have previously done a show with her and that’s why there is a comfort level between us.

Q) You are in Anu Malik’s team but  you are bonding more with Bharti?
A) Yes, because she is my old friend and I like her more. At the end of the day, our aim it to make people laugh and bring in the cheer.

Q) There is no elimination round on Comedy Dangal, how is winner going to be declared?
A) There is no winner and there is no loser. Winner will be the one who makes people laugh the most. Viewers are the biggest critics. There is no competition, its only pure enjoyment.

Q) Stand-up comedy or Skit comedy which is better according to you?
A) I think both are entertaining in their own way but stand-up comedy on Comedy Dangal is very unique. Some of the comedians are extremely popular on YouTube, they have very different style of Stand-up so personally I enjoy that more.

Q) What are you going to take away from Comedy Dangal?
A) My only take away is that - it’s very important to laugh in life. In today’s hectic life we take a lot of stress and tension so it becomes very important to have that entertainment. After this show, I will definitely watch some live comedy acts and comedy shows on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment